As most of my family and friends know, I have been evaluating new career opportunities over the past few weeks. I have met and spoken with a lot of great people. Some of the companies that expressed interest in my talents include a telecommunications distributor, two logistics software companies, a couple transportation providers and several third party logistics companies - oh, and an eco-friendly bus manufacturer too. The networking experience has been eye-opening and I have also found the true meaning of friendship when it counts most. Even with the positive activity, one organization in particular really showed a great deal of interest in me, and I in them. And so, earlier this week I followed my heart and accepted an offer to join an organization called PartnerShip LLC as their new marketing director. Even though I have not yet begun working for them, their President & COO has already sent an internal communication announcing my addition to the team, as he puts it, to "... help refine existing and develop new marketing strategies in support of business goals and objectives, and create efficient and profitable processes for the execution and implementation of such strategies." I am really looking forward to this new and unique opportunity. The company is a small, for-profit subsidiary of a larger non-profit organization called the National Association of College Stores (or NACS for short). PartnerShip LLC specializes in providing transportation and logistics services to college bookstores and to other small and medium businesses. They recently moved into new offices in Westlake, OH and all of the people I have met so far have been wonderful. It will truly be a breath of fresh air to work for a small, non-public company with a lean, high-integrity management team - and so I am really excited about this opportunity. Thank you again for the support of my family and friends. More Hollywood marketing details to come in future posts.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
The Next Chapter in My Marketing Career
As most of my family and friends know, I have been evaluating new career opportunities over the past few weeks. I have met and spoken with a lot of great people. Some of the companies that expressed interest in my talents include a telecommunications distributor, two logistics software companies, a couple transportation providers and several third party logistics companies - oh, and an eco-friendly bus manufacturer too. The networking experience has been eye-opening and I have also found the true meaning of friendship when it counts most. Even with the positive activity, one organization in particular really showed a great deal of interest in me, and I in them. And so, earlier this week I followed my heart and accepted an offer to join an organization called PartnerShip LLC as their new marketing director. Even though I have not yet begun working for them, their President & COO has already sent an internal communication announcing my addition to the team, as he puts it, to "... help refine existing and develop new marketing strategies in support of business goals and objectives, and create efficient and profitable processes for the execution and implementation of such strategies." I am really looking forward to this new and unique opportunity. The company is a small, for-profit subsidiary of a larger non-profit organization called the National Association of College Stores (or NACS for short). PartnerShip LLC specializes in providing transportation and logistics services to college bookstores and to other small and medium businesses. They recently moved into new offices in Westlake, OH and all of the people I have met so far have been wonderful. It will truly be a breath of fresh air to work for a small, non-public company with a lean, high-integrity management team - and so I am really excited about this opportunity. Thank you again for the support of my family and friends. More Hollywood marketing details to come in future posts.